Sunday 4 November 2012

Introducing- Dior Grand Bal.



Dior have just released the their christmas 2012 make up collection, called Grand Bal (spellcheck does not like Bal!) Here are some of my favorite picks.

"From his first collections, Christian Dior reinvents the art of going out and transfers the festive and refined elegance of the 18th century ballgowns to his creations. Embracing the fantasy of christmas, the Dior house reinterprets the spirit of grand balls with a contemporary elegance and a cheeky twist.
Fleeting and flamboyant, the christmas 2012 makeup collection is an invitation into the extreme  refinement and utmost sophistication of winter balls for today's princesses."
 
Carnet de Bal Makeup Palette. (£60)
A carnet de bal was originally the dance card that you'd write the name of your dancing partner in, and Dior have made this into a makeup palette containing a platinum and gold eyeshadow, two lip glosses, a black eyeliner and two applicators.
 
I really like the look of this and think the design is really lovely. Such a good idea to use the vintage idea of  carnet de bal as the packaging. Imagine how good this would look in your christmas clutch!


Grand Bal False Lashes- Gold Crystals. (£19)
There a two different pairs of these limited edition false lashes, gold crystals and pearl drops.
They come adorned a strip of silver pearl drops or gold swarovski crystals and are meant to make your eyes take on a mysterious appearance and sparkle with glamour.
 
I think these look beautiful. So glamorous and elegant, like a movie star! I suppose £19 is quite a lot for falsies, but I wouldn't even hesitate buying these!


Diorific Lipstick- Marylin (£25)
This is Diors new interpretation of Diorific. It comes in four shades of red- marylin, diorling, diva and lady and is meant to be long lasting and matte.


I love the look of these, obviously assuming this shade is named after the lady herself, Marylin Monroe.
It just oozes eleglance and class to me. The design of the packaging is so opulent yet simple.  I would die to have this in my collection, so beautiful. It is a reasonable price aswell, not out of my reach!

I would buy the collection if possible it all looks classic and ladylike, definitely going on my christmas list!
 

2 comments: