Friday 9 November 2012

Beth/rest.

So last night I went to see Bon Iver play at Wembley arena. There's not much I can say other than that it was the best concert I've ever seen.




They were supported by London locals The Staves, three sisters from Watford. I'd never heard of them before but I was really impressed. They all had amazing voices and I'll definitely be buying their album. They're starting their own headlining tour later this month. Dates can be found on their website , I strongly recommend going to see them!

The main event was of course Bon Iver. I've loved them for a long long time. I would probably say they're my favorite band (after The Smiths obviously). There are rumours that Justin Vernon has said in recent interviews that Bon Iver will be going on an indefinite hiatus, which I hope isn''t true but that just gave me all the more reason to go, I mean what if this was their last tour?! I also purchased some merch, nothing really tickled my fancy, nothing was very "bon ivery" if that makes sense?! so I stuck to paying £15 (extortionate) for a tote bag.
I did take some photos, but theres nothing I hate more than people who watch a concert through a camera lense. This is as good as it gets I'm afraid!!


No comments:

Post a Comment